It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi, I am fairly new this is like my 3rd post. In one of my other post I mentioned that my Dr was finally going to put me on Subutex. So I got the brand maid by Hi-Tech, very small white round pill with 8 on one side and a dividing line that looks like a arrow on the other side. I split it in half to better judge how it would effect me. It dissolved very fast (I like that) and was working well within 20 min after taking, it has now been 45 min and it works just as well as suboxone strips, it actually hit a little sooner. The taste is bitter but better in my opinion than the sicky orange taste. So far no complaints, it cost me 4 dollars a pill, much better! I have to pay out of pocket. I will fill you in further later. Ben.

Post subject: Hi-Tech
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Ben

Good for you. I take Subutex and once my pharmacy gave me the Hi-Tech brand. It is the size of a 2mg pill but is actually 8mg. It was very hard for me to split in half and your right it dissolves very fast. I however, have always taken the Roxanne Brand and it was a tough month for me with this script. I didn't feel it last as long as the Roxanne brand. Keep us posted as I pay just under $4 a pill so I would not be saving much money but if it continues to work for you please keep us up to date. Welcome to the forum.

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for leaving us some info, BEN :wink: :wink: :wink:

Like I said in the other thread, I don't think there is any threads out there, listing people's personal experiences on the different brands of generics..........
since I may be going this route, VERY soon, I thought it might be helpful,,,,,,
Not JUST for me, but for anyone else, too.

Just wanted to say THANKS
AND Im glad it seems to be working just the same for you, AND saving you $$$$$$$$

:wink: :wink: :wink:
Hope to see ya around

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Introducing myself
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well to reiterate, the Hi-Tech generics do work for me but as the evening wears on they do seem to wear off a little quicker than the subs. After this script is through I will try the Roxaine brand and give you my thoughts on that one, I will eventually find the one that has the most points in the plus column. Thanks Ben.

Post subject: A NOTE FROM SLIPPER...
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:12 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi Ben and welcome to the forum.
I read your first post the other night and wanted to comment but didn't want to influence you one way or the other.
Now that others have chimed in, I will too. I have always taken subutex from the start. I have always taken the
Roxanne brand and have been very happy with it. Only once did I fill my script at another pharmacy and was given
the small pill that you are taking..I was very unhappy with it. First of all, it is too small..if you want to half it or fourth it
it is just too small...second..it did not seem to melt well..and I guess because of the size..I felt I was not getting as much
bup as I did with the Roxanne...(( this may have been psychological lol)), but Roxanne is a bigger pill, about the size
of an aspirin and can be halfed, and fourthed with ease...and at some point, you might want to do that.

I also never have any trouble getting my script...the drug store right next to the bup Dr.'s office carries a bunch of it.
With my first Dr. I had to take the suboxone and the orange taste did not bother me, but I feel this subutex brand
does much better and lasts longer...I have insurance , so I have a drug card and it cost me only $10.00 no matter
how many I get...just some of my opinion...if what you're taking is working for you then good for you...it was just too
small for me...

Please keep us posted on your progress,

Thanks,
Slipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:42 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I felt it didn't work well, fortunately my pharmacist is willing to order roxane for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:34 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey guys. I have been on sub tabs for years. To sub strips for a year. Now to bupe hi-tech. I have noticed that I took 4 mg my first day compared to 2mg of film per day. I can deal with that I guess as long as its the best out there. I have heard negative reviews on Roxanne many times but I have also heard a few negative on teva brand. More negative on the Roxanne. I hope we can get a rating chart going on this post somehow ! I want the best formy money. Thanks anybody for helping. Peace.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

After using 2mg Suboxone for over a year, I was switched to Hi Tech. I experienced serious adverse effects. I recently filed an FDA Medwatch report.

Here is my original post: http://www.suboxforum.com/one-week-taking-tech-generic-subutex-t7538.html#p102475