It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Day 5
Welcome Dianne Thanks for Joining. I wen't to my doctor today. They kept my dose the same 2 - 8 Mg tabs 2 times a day and told me to try and cut my night dose to 1 pill. They gave me a Script for 1 weeks worth and told me to come back tues. He also game me another weeks worth of klonopin. I don't get a buzz from 1 mg and I don't abuse them, and they help wonders with my anxiety. I am going to try some stretches tonight and some meditation, hopefully I can cut my klonopin from 1mg a day to .5 mg and so on. No, I will definitely not ask for the subitex I will let some time go by and take your advice and mention the cost issue. Today's Script for 30 - 8mg Suboxon was 218.00, Walgreens wanted 20.00 more than Walmart did. Dr. Visit bill Due Every Friday before Counciling Session 300.00 plus 12.00 for the klonopin. It's expensive to get sober! New Doc. on Tuesday 250.00 per a month plus meds. I can't wait. I'm feeling Pretty good today, Looking forward to more. Thanks for all the advice everyone. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

rmills wrote:
Yeah the more I research the more I feel like I'm being taken advantage of. There is a once a week individual councilor and some blood work included and you see the Doc. once a week, but I'm not sure all that is necessarily worth 3500 plus 200 in meds. a week. I feel like I should have to enroll in a drug council program and see a Doc. once a month after I'm all stabilized on the correct dose. In Reality I won't be able to keep up with 500.00 per a week for that long any way. I will be supporting my family off 250.00 a week. Luckily I don't have many bills. I have to find another option its just a matter of searching through them all and waiting on that call back. I will have to stick with this until then. It is almost 8 pm on the second day of my treatment. I took a nap around 4, I woke up a few hours later and was feeling kinda weird almost like I was starting to W/D I waited it out till about 7 and took my dose. I felt kinda weird earlier to. I guess this is all pretty normal though. I'm feeling better now that the medicine has taken effect. Yeah the doc made the comment that its cheaper than roxy. I told him sure if you pay full street price but alot of us buy scripts from people who go to these pill mills and it really isn't that expensive maybe 500.00 a month. Definitely not 500.00 per a week Doc. But soon the pill mills will be shut down. I live in florida and they are everywhere here and they are starting to close down everywhere also.
Thanks for all the info and support everyone.

I am Steve and I am also a new user of Suboxone. I was on methadone, hydrocodone, and soma for about 5 years, and before that on the Duragesic patch. I tapered down off the methadone over 3 months and went to zero from 2.5 mg a day. I was 19 days with no methadone but I was still taking the hydro and soma. I finally figured out I wasn't going anywhere fast. I searched for suboxone doctor from the dogpile search engine and found a Sub doctor less than a mile from my house. I had even been to that office before once and they take my insurance. I had some advice not to go into sub treatment since I had been so many days off methadone, but I knew I would be going back because I was thinking about it all the time.

He wrote my first script for three 8 mg tablets a day. The first two days I took 2.5 but that was too much and I backed my self down to 1/2 twice a day. I went back for my follow up visit and drug screening one week later. The doc thought I was cutting back too fast and suggested I do 1/2 three times a day. As for cost the 3500 seems pretty high, but it depends on what is being done I suppose. This doc did blood tests, EKG, a cursory physical exam, and spent about an hour talking to me, mostly history. It will be some time before I get a bill, but I would expect the charge to be 300-400 with my insurance picking up most of it. I have met my 1200 deductible already. I only had to pay $38 for 90 pills, and insurance picked up the rest of about 500. I am getting off cheap comparatively but there is no counseling. The doctor did hug me when I left the first time. That's the first time I ever had a doctor hug me. Surprisingly it did make me feel better as I was an emotional wreck coming off methadone.

The only mention of counseling was to discuss that I should seek it, but only after I was stabilized on a maintenance dose. This is not the first time I have made a concerted effort to stop opiates, but I feel a lot more confident that I will be able to get off of them using suboxone. I don't know what W/D is like from this, but it can't be any worse than methadone, and I won't have to worry about the hydro anymore. I have had zero urge to take anything other than the sub since the first one I took.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello new_sub. I wanted to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forum. Congrats on your new-found remission. I'm glad to hear you're doing well. Counseling is an excellent idea. It can help us with new, healthy coping skills, so we know how to deal with triggers and cravings without taking a pill. Good luck to you!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I am glad your wife found something a little less expensive. It isn't uncommon for the 1st appt. to cost a little more and then it generally backs down after that. It sounds like you are doing pretty well which is great! Getting sober is expensive. I can't wait till there is more than 1 option for a doctor in my area. That will sure be nice. And one that takes insurance for crying out loud. Geez! Oh well. Meditation has been great for me. Of note is that some people experience increased anxiety on sub so that could be part of the reason you are having anxiety twice per day. I believe once you taper and get the dose as low as possible (over time of course) that some of that ought to subside. Keep us posted on the new Dr. situation.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Tomorrow is a week. I feel good and havn't had any withdrawls. Yesterday I cut my afternoon dose to 1 and a half. Still with the 2 in the morning. Did't feel much diffrence. Hopefully I can start to come down a half a pill every 2 weeks. I'll talk to the Doc. on tuesday about it. How do most of you lower your dosage?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

2 weeks since I started the Box. I have cut down to 1- 8mg tab twice a day. I still feel very good no WD to speak of. I had to go out of town and my truck broke down so I had no $ to see the new Doc. so my first Doc. that I couldn't afford told me just come anyway. They were only concerned with keeping me sober. That they will work with me on the price and payments. I thought it was super cool. Councilor every tuesday for a while now. Hopefully I can take something good from these sessions.
This program is exspensive but I feel really comforatable here. They call and email me and always tell me call anytime 24 hours a day If I need them. The service Along with the counciling seems to make it worth what it will end up costing me. I used to spend 125.00 a week to see a stress shrink for about 6 months a few years ago. I didn't really get any life long tools from him. After he told me I should get a book on dealing with stress I pretty much blew him off. I thought he already read the books required. The program is not restricted to only 10 weeks its as long as it takes program.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have to admit to be astonished at the dose you were inducted on. Did I read that right? They started you on 32mg per day? :shock: That's REALLY high....I know you've already cut it down, but wow.....

Also, I know you've already received feedback on the price for that program, but I cannot resist commenting on it. That cost is absolutely outrageous!

I consider MY doctor to be at the high end in terms of cost and I see him once every 60 days and the office visit (which he doesn't accept insurance for :roll: ) costs me $125, plus, if it's my turn for a urine screen, which happens about once every 3rd or 4th visit, I have to pay for that out of pocket as well @ $25, but what you are paying for that program is out of line, in my opinion......

Also, it has been stated here many times by Dr. Junig, the physician who owns this site, that short term treatment with suboxone (short term is defined as less than a year) is not as successful as longer term treatment....please consider this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am down to 8mg a day I feel the same. No WD. I take a half in the a.m. and half in the p.m.
I agree 32 mg a day seems crazy I'm glad to be down to 8.

Post subject: Congrats!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I am so happy for you. You are on your way. I hope it goes this easy for me & everyone else in this forum. Love & hope, queenie