It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi everyone and Happy New Year!
Just checking in to say that 6 months clean is rapidly approaching on July 29 and I still feel good and still feel strong about my life and my future now that I have separated permanently from opiate abyss.

It's funny, even after all of this time, I still sneeze incredibly often every day. That's really been the only downside of everything and if that's the worst of what I have done to myself, then I think I'm doing all right. The other thing I have noticed is how wonderful sleep is. Actual, restful, REM sleep. I used to wake up around 630am every day in anticipation of taking some glorious percocets. Now, I roll over and take vitamins when I eventually get up to go to work every day. I used to love to sleep so much before I got hooked on drugs. Then, for 8 years or so I couldn't wait to get up every day to be high again. What a difference!

I haven't wanted a pill since the early days of getting off of subs. I feel like my brain and my body, while still healing themselves, have done the reversal to where waking up without drugs is now the normal. I am proof that it can be done and you can succeed. I know I will never, EVER, take painkillers or opiates ever again, even if it is for actual pain. I know in my heart that I can't. But I think more along the lines of I won't now.

I'm hoping you all are coping and/or coming along. And I hope that you know that you can quit. Just QUIT! Stop being afraid of the pain, deal with it for a good week or so, and watch yourself transform into the person you can be. Yourself, instead of some walking strung out zombie that resembles what you used to be. I'm still keeping up with a lot of you on here and have just been reading along. I figured it was a good time for an update and to try to help someone today realize that they can do what I've done.

Love to you all.

CHARLIE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:30 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hallelujah!

That is what I really needed to hear right now.
Answered alot of my timeline questions..

Well done mate, I feel your sentiments 100% , as they ring way too loud and true.

I am done too, with subs, 14 days, and I dearly appreciate you chiming in.

Nice work buddy, love the mindset.

HS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:47 am 

Hey Charlie,

Congratulations on almost 6 months free of opiates!! That's a major accomplishment and I'm glad that being opiate free is working for you. You are so fortunate that you're not dealing with any cravings and, in fact, feel very strongly that you won't ever use again! That is fantastic!

Obviously there are people like hopespring who are really receptive to and helped by your message. I have no doubt that it comes from a generous place in your heart. :)

I was with you until your last paragraph and, even though I get that you're coming from a place of encouragement, it made me feel kind of down about myself. And I'm TAPERING! Imagine how someone feels reading that who has only been able to function on suboxone. Who has tried to quit suboxone more than once and has relapsed more than once. They may not be fortunate enough to be opiate free without cravings like you have. I only know that the last thing I want to be compared to is "some walking strung out zombie. Even though I think you were referring to what you felt like on sub, it still stung.

Hey, I don't want to be the thought police and you writing about your experience has inspired a lot of people, I'm sure. I just wanted you to see that your words could be as disheartening to some as they are inspiring to others.

I'm truly happy for you, Charlie!

Amy

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I didn't mean YOU are a walking zombie addict. I was totally talking about what I used to be. And yes, if it's tough love you all need, tough love I'm gonna give because I went through the pain. I've done it. And I realize now that all quitting is, all stopping is is strength. Suck it up and quit and stop.

Like I did.

Good luck