It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:23 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

so i am back for another try at suboxone my habit is 100mg oxycodone somedays a little more..not sure if suboxone is the right choice it doesnt do much for me except keep me from getting diareeha..my symptoms are very bad chills and coldsweats and no energy or appetitie..i am dosing on my own without dr this time due to ins issues.but i did get prescribed a yr ago didnt really like the dr he treats evry patient the same 1.5 8mg sub a day.my question i is my habit to big for suboxone to hold me or do i have to wait a few days to stabilize took 16mg and dont feel any different still hurtin under blankets all day miserable just ned advice dont want to go to methadone hear thats a nighmare any suggestions..should i take more subs and is there anything i can do for the chills please help i feel like dying really dont wanna get high again i will lose my wife and kid..has anyone had this exp with sub not working for them i dont do heroin just sniff roxy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:57 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sorry to hear your feeling bad.

My doctor was very relaxed about my doses the first few days and basically told me if I feel crappy, take another half. So that's how I started. I went on like that for 2-3 days.

I'm still really new compared to others on this site. I'm 2 weeks in. But it's working great for me now. I take 8mg in the morning and then usually 4mg in afternoon. That seemed to hold me. I also thought my habit was to big for the little amount he gave me. I guess when your use to popping up to 10 pills at a time just to feel normal, when the doctor tells you to take half a pill, your thinking, WTF? But it works. Sup is a strong med.

take another half wait an hour or so, and do it again. It worked for me, untill I stabilized.

Just my story, hope it helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi and welcome! I am sorry you are having a rough induction. I am not a Dr and am only going on experience here but I would say 16mg is a lot of sub for a 100mg oxy a day habit.

Were you in moderate withdrawl prior to taking sub? How long were you off oxy before inducing? If you did not wait long enough you could be experiencing precipitated withdrawl. The only other thing I can think of is that you are taking too much sub. If you give us a bit more info on your induction perhaps we can help you figure out what's going on. I hope you start to feel better!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:40 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thx breezy and linda my habit is 300mg of oxycodone i usually take 10-12 30mg roxy 30 been taking that for about 1.5 years pretty steadya nd yes i was in moderate withdrawl waited 16hrs to start inductiion and there was really no releif didnt feel any effect of the medecine thats why i was wondering if suboxone was right for me kind of fustrated that it works great for others and i feel like the oddball.hopefully today is a little better..i thank u both for your quick response its really nice to hear other ppl goin thru similar situations and am greatful for the site.was goin to try taking more sub but after browsing forums i rarely see ppl go over 16mg i dont want to waste this expensive medecine i just dont wanna give up im sure u all know how its so easy to get that quick temporary fix then have to revisit hell again its such a vicious cycle im just kind of glad im young heard is alot harder the older u get ...again thank u both for your input feel kind of alone goin thru this my fiance dont kno anything about addiction so i really cant talk to her about it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ok that makes more sense. Sometimes people do have a rough induction, hopefully you will start to notice improvement and be feeling better within a few days. You said you were on sub previously, did that induction go smooth? I think if you can just hang on you will stabilize.

I think we all know how it feels to be alone with our addiction. Even those of us that have our families support feel a bit alone because no matter how hard they try they couldn't possibly truly understand being an opiate addict. That is why this forum has been so valuable to my recovery. It is great to have people to talk to and bounce ideas off of that are fighting the same battle. We have a great bunch here and I hope you continue to post because support thru this process is very important.

Ask any questions you may have, and feel free to pm me if you need anything or just wanna chat. Congrats again on taking this huge step and I hope you start feeling better very soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just as a guess from my induction and what I know...you didn't wait long enough before taking your first Suboxone. I was opiate-free for a total 48hrs (closer to around 44) before I started Suboxone. That's just my experience...everyone's different.

Suboxone use for me = 3+ years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thank all of you feelin a lil better today..my last induction a yr ago i was good by second day went to work on day 2 1st day was just how i am feeling now coldsweats no energy just crappy and i only used 1.5 8mg sub hopefully tmrw things will turn around was just frustrated and was wondering if anyone had a rough few days until stabilized i kno i will come around eventually its just the time goes by so slow as u all kno jist sucks that for many they are good after there 1st pill.again thank u all for ur input its appreciated i will be sticking around to helpmothers in the similar situation this disease is terrible wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy..have a good day/night evry1 :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

srry about double post comp is freaking out cant delete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't know how I missed it the 1st time but I just saw you only waited 16 hours. I would say you likely too the sub too soon. I waited almost 30 hours and felt great within an hour. I had the same habit as you too. You should be feeling better soon. Keep us posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

i had to re-read also what you originally posted. I did not realize you dosed 16 mg and still didnt feel well, but based on the other responses, you possibly didnt wait long enough with your first dose. I had the opposite. I didnt even wait 24 hours before I had my first dose and I felt fine. Maybe you could call your doctor if your still not doing good.

As far as dosing, like I said my doctor was really laid back about my first day or 2.

Be well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's hard to tell if you took it too soon and got P/W or just didn't dose enough. Did you get SICKER when you took the sub or did you just continue on as you were and not feel any better or any worse?

If you got violently ill - sicker - then I'd say it was precipitated withdrawals (P/W) because you didn't wait long enough (but it doesn't sound like that to me).

If you felt no relief and didn't get sicker when you took the sub, just felt no different, then I'd say (and this is my opinion of what happened), you just didn't take enough suboxone. You may only need up to 16 mg.

Even if it is P/W, Dr. Junig's instructions are to continue dosing and you'll feel better soon anyway.

My personal (non-medical) opinion is that you should consider raising your dose to 16 mg.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Im sorry that your induction is rough.........but we gotta 'pay the piper' sometime, right???

I felt the same way you are describing, I was taking as much or more oxy as you described,,, it was liquid form so I didnt really keep track.....lol anyways, I had also been using methadone before my induction.

I waited about 30 hours, it was all I could do to wait that long, and unded up taking 24mg before I could even 'deal' with breathing......

Im not a doctor either, but just like hats guess, you may need to take a lil more....

I DID feel good by day 4.........I know that probly sounds far away at this point, but there IS light at the end of the tunnel.......so hang in there
keep fightin

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been on subs now since 2006. I've been reading this board for a year or so but I do not post much. I tend to read quite a bit on here how some people's doctors are not very nice to them. I have had a couple doctors and have never had any problems. The doc I have right now tells me to call him w/any problems I may have day or night no matter what time it is. I have had to call him twice and he resolved my problem right away. Maybe I was just lucky in picking my doctor(I used the suboxone website's doctor finder). I realize that doctors can be hard to find depending where you might live but if you can find another doctor that will work w/you I think it would be to your advantage. Sorry for kind of going off topic here..........I tend to think like others here you started your sub treatment to soon. Good luck to you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

im starting to come along dont feel great but not deathly ill either im coninuing the 16mg a day 8mg am and 8mg pm i didnt get sicker just didnt feel much relief don't think it was p/w never really got pains for me its always no appetitie cold and hot and wake up sweaty evryday and just no energy but it is getting better just weird that some ppl do great right away and some dont guess due to my high tolerance but u gotta pay to play.my plan is to see an addiction counselor and try some meetings cuz obviously i need help and im ok with that my way never worked

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:43 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Every investment you can make into your recovery the better off you are and will be. Meetings help, counseling helps, exercise helps, prayer helps, talking to other addicts helps, helpting others in recovery helps etc...Each measure you take to sink yourself in to recovery a little deeper and deeper will make the physical and psychological pains go away quicker. Each time I go back out and come back It gets harder and harder on me to clean up the wreckage. Each relapse is more intense than the last. Each relapse consequences are worse than the consequences before. Addiction is truly a progressive disease. (12 step). Even though I am conviced this time can't be worse than the last time, it always is. And....like you each bout of withdrawal is worse than the last and getting back into sober stability becomes harder for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

retrokickfan23 wrote:
im starting to come along dont feel great but not deathly ill either im coninuing the 16mg a day 8mg am and 8mg pm i didnt get sicker just didnt feel much relief don't think it was p/w never really got pains for me its always no appetitie cold and hot and wake up sweaty evryday and just no energy but it is getting better just weird that some ppl do great right away and some dont guess due to my high tolerance but u gotta pay to play.my plan is to see an addiction counselor and try some meetings cuz obviously i need help and im ok with that my way never worked

If you never quite got rid of the withdrawals, then it's my opinion that your dose isn't high enough.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:19 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I noticed you said you have been on Sub before... were you by chance using and taking sub? Like, taking sub during the week and getting high on the weekend? While I do not have personal experience with this, I have heard that it can reduce Subs effectiveness.

Just off topic, but are you a sneakerhead? Your username suggests it