It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 160 mg of oxy=
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:48 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

My relative got on methadone after a 160 mg of oxy per day habit. Its been years since I was on done and don't remember. Does anyone know about how much done would equal out for him. He is puked in the middle of the night last night and it was his fifth day. He started at 30 and is now at 40 I think. Im thinking he just needs to stay at 40 or fifty and let it soak in for at least three more days or so. Any quality info I would appreciate it.

Post subject: need more info
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:49 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi Wade,

I can't tell you the forumula or any kind of conversion chart... my experience at the methadone clinic is they just keep upping dose 5-10mg at a time until wd are gone...It really will depend on a lot of things and if he can stay at 50mg obviously that would be ideal...my other experience at the clinic is since 80-100mg is the "blocking" dose a lot of the clinics like their patients to be at those doses...

I'd encourage him if he feels fine on 50mg to not let them push him higher...My experience was weird on methadone. When I started I could barely function on 20mg....was out of it...and after a couple of weeks started having issues sleeping and not feeling well and they upped my dose but I had to up my dose 1mg at a time...stayed at 30 for several months and then at 50 for 2 years....then was bumped up to 75mg during my moms death, grad school, dad's illness etc etc.

So, not much help but they tend to just go by how he is feeling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have been talking with many Drs and Nurses lately about methadone due to a possible switch for my recovery. Anyways they all said the same thing with methadone it’s a touch and feel thing just like suboxone. You got to play with your dose till you find the right dose for yourself because we are all different. But I mean when all is said and done his Dr would be the person to ask.