It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:19 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Whats up everyone, I just wanted to do the introduction thing. Currently on 6 millis of suboxone, starting 4 tomorrow morning. I have been tested at my very limits over the past 18-24 months, from 120 to about 44mg I was able to drop 4-5 and occasionally even 6mg at a time about every two weeks to a month depending on how I was feeling. Once I got down to 14mg of methadone I felt like dropping 2-3mg did not justify the amount of pain I was enduring, compared to the past year or so of decreasing. I made the decision to switch over to suboxone (8mg) and have been able to keep up the pace, dropping two mg every two or three weeks.

I am only able to keep this pace from moving back into my parents house. I do not know that I would be this far along had I tried to do it on my own. Feeling like shit every single morning, even if its only for a half hour while your dose is kicking in, is not the kind of life I want to maintain. I think about the days when I had a naturally occurring appetite, not that packing a bowl doesn't float my boat, it's the only thing that keeps me on a regular eating and sleeping schedule. Without that small slice of peace before and/or after I eat I think I would wither away from not holding down any food and water.

Good luck to all of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the site-

I strongly encourage you to pace yourself.If you rush through this, you may run the risk of relapse.Don't push yourself so hard, let your body tell you when you are ready for the changes.You have done a great job, keep up the good work and know that we are here to support you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the site-

I strongly encourage you to pace yourself.If you rush through this, you may run the risk of relapse.Don't push yourself so hard, let your body tell you when you are ready for the changes.You have done a great job, keep up the good work and know that we are here to support you!