It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: 11th day dosing question
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Tomorrow will be my 11th day on subs. I was taking on average about 80mg's of Vicodin a day. The first day of subs my doctor prescribed 2mg 3x a day. After taking that for 2 days I felt that was too much he moved it down to 2mg's 2x a day on day 3 and I have been taking that ever since. I feel like this is also too much. I am so tired, all the time. I normally sleep about 6-7 hours a night and ever since I have been taking subs I can easily sleep 11-12 hours and that is only because I force myself to get up. Here is a list of the other symptoms I am having ..anxiety, difficulty urinating, loss of appetite, no sex drive, difficulty getting an erection, back and leg pain (its not really pain but just a weird feeling, I dont know how to describe it) and I dont know what to call the last symptom. I just feel like I am not normal. Everything looks the same but also looks different. Sometimes I feel like I having difficulty keeping my balance and walking.

Maybe I am taking too much?
Maybe tomorrow I should cut my dosage down and if I do what should I cut it down too?

Everyone said I should be getting used to the medication and feel more normal in a week or 2 but tomorrow is 11 days and nothing has changed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:38 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

hey Phil. sorry to hear you are having such a problem. maybe you are allergic to naloxone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the reply pugmommy. Ya, thats what I was thinking but I cannot stop taking subs because I cannot got back to popping pain pills. The symptoms I listed are not severe but they definately are there. I am thinkning maybe if I lower my dose they will go away or atleast subside some? Maybe if I keep the same does my body will eventually get used to the subs and all these symptoms will go away. Maybe they never will! I dont know what to do! I hate this! I'm scared.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think you might find yourself adjust to a certain dose if you just stick to the same regimen for a few days straight. I'm also having side affects and i'm pretty sure 8 was too much for me. I just dropped it to 4 and havent jumped around since. I'm noticing the constipation more than anything right now..

As far as the sexual side affects.. hate to say it, but I think they are there to stay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the reply Ryan. So just to confirm you dont think I should change my dose lower even though I am having the symptoms I listed above? How many more days do you think until I stabilize on this dose? Also, what symptoms are you having exactly? Any of the same ones I am having?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:38 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Phil,

I've had alot of nausea, some vomiting, and can relate to the tiredness.. The first week on sub I was super motivated, now I could sleep all day if I wanted to.

I would think that after a week on the same steady dose you should be adjusting to it. I know there are many people here who have alot more experience than I do. So maybe someone will chime in.

It would make sense to me that if you were moving your dose up and down you would probably feel the results. It took about 10 days before I felt steady and stable.

I'm taking subutex though so you could be having a reaction to the suboxone..

Good luck and we are here whenever you need.

Post subject: Strong Stuff
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:57 pm 

Hi Phil,

Sorry you are having so many symptoms from the Suboxone. The thing with your legs sounds like Restless Leg Syndrome and is usually related to withdrawal side effects. That would indicate you are not taking enough but I doubt it.

Suboxone is a very powerful medication. I keep telling my doctor that and he just smiles at me like I don't know what I'm talking about. Your Dr. sounds like he knows how strong it is and prescribed the correct dose. (IMO) It's my belief that some people can do just fine on lower doses. Why don't you try to go down to 2mg's and see how you feel? It should be okay to just fold or cut one in half and take 3mg's for about a week or two. Then try for 2. If it affects you, take another ½ mg. For me it was very easy to taper down. Just don't go too fast and remember you can always take a little more if your body is not cooperative. I felt my best on 1mg and it was really easy getting there. Plus back when I was using I was taking about 160mg's + of Hydro with equal amounts of Tramadol so my tolerance was high.

Keep posting your progress and how you feel. Sooner or later it will all work out.

Post subject: Re: Strong Stuff
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

rule62 wrote:
Hi Phil,

Sorry you are having so many symptoms from the Suboxone. The thing with your legs sounds like Restless Leg Syndrome and is usually related to withdrawal side effects. That would indicate you are not taking enough but I doubt it.

Suboxone is a very powerful medication. I keep telling my doctor that and he just smiles at me like I don't know what I'm talking about. Your Dr. sounds like he knows how strong it is and prescribed the correct dose. (IMO) It's my belief that some people can do just fine on lower doses. Why don't you try to go down to 2mg's and see how you feel? It should be okay to just fold or cut one in half and take 3mg's for about a week or two. Then try for 2. If it affects you, take another ½ mg. For me it was very easy to taper down. Just don't go too fast and remember you can always take a little more if your body is not cooperative. I felt my best on 1mg and it was really easy getting there. Plus back when I was using I was taking about 160mg's + of Hydro with equal amounts of Tramadol so my tolerance was high.

Keep posting your progress and how you feel. Sooner or later it will all work out.

Hey rule62, thank you for responding. I really appreciate it. I left a message with my doctor this morning and asked if I could get get the dose down due to the symptoms/reactions I was feeling from the subs. I ended up getting a voicemail back from the lady at the front desk who said yes I can cut it back some but she didn’t say how much and now the office is closed until Monday. As I mentioned I am taking 2mg once in the morning and once at night. I was thinking of cutting it back to only 2mg in the morning and nothing else. What do you think about this idea? Anyone else have any comments suggestions? Also, if this ends up cutting it too much for my body what should I expect? Withdrawal like symptoms?
Sorry for all the questions but I really appreciate the help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:13 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

from what i hear, alot of docs wont prescribe subutex(naloxone free) but it might be worth your time to ask.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

pugmommy wrote:
from what i hear, alot of docs wont prescribe subutex(naloxone free) but it might be worth your time to ask.

Pugmommy...what do you think about me dropping my dose from 2mg in the morning and 2mg at night to just 2mg in the morning?

Post subject: Re: Strong Stuff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Phillip wrote:
Also, if this ends up cutting it too much for my body what should I expect? Withdrawal like symptoms?
Sorry for all the questions but I really appreciate the help!

I think I just replied to another one of your posts regarding the same topic, but I just wanted to add that it is not a good thing to stay on too high of a dose until your body gets used to it, because all you are doing is increasing your tolerance. If it were me, I'd take the lowest dose possible to keep your withdrawal and cravings away...even if that is 1mg, since you just recently started sub, and you weren't doing too much before.

If you find that this low dose is not enough, you will know because you will start to feel the same symptoms as you would in regular opiate withdrawal, and you can always take more sub if that happens. But if you just stick with a higher dosage until you get used to it, once you get your tolerance built up higher than it already was, it is harder to go back down, like Rule said. You can always easily add more sub, which will make you feel better right away.

I started on 8mg and that was too much for me. I lowered it to 6mg on the 2nd day, and then 4mg by the end of the first week, and that dose was just fine for me. I probably should have just started on 2mg to see if that was enough, but the doctor made me take 8mg in his office.