It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That was a great analogy, Sage!

How ya doing SA? I haven't seen you post in a few days. Everything still good?

Q

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:08 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Sage and Q,

I agree, it was a great analogy and made perfect sense to me. I feel like I'm still kicking around some dirt as I attempt to change my life for the better. Lol. But I'm making progress regardless!

Doing good guys. Still remaining FIRM at 4mgs per day with no intention of EVER raising it again. It's holding me just fine. Thank you so much for checking on me. It really means a lot!

I'll check back later, have lots of snow to clear out of the drive!!! Yukkk! Lol.

Sub Addict

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:42 am 

Hey Sub :)

Nice to hear ur doing good with ur new dose. I am actually about to go down in my dose also. I don't see that I will have any issues with it since it still won't be very low yet. I really see u as some inspiration since u were on ur high dose when u were having ur issues with taking to much, to now ur doing so well on 4mg. Anyway just wanted to pop in and say.......Ur doing great!! :)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Jenn,

Always nice to hear from you! :)

If I may ask, what dose were you on and what will you reduce to? I honestly believe much of this sub experience can be such a mental process. As addicts we usually think more is always better. The more we take of something the better we hope to feel. That's the way I always felt over the years as I abused nearly every drug possible. But bupe works differently than any other drug. It seems that the less you can comfortably take to be stable the better you will feel. I found that out the hard way. I'm sure you will do fine on your new dose.

I can honestly say I feel the same on 4mgs as I did when taking 16-32mgs or more. That's the absolute truth. In fact I would go as far to say I feel even better now on the lower dose than I did on the much higher ones. I don't seem to be as tired as I was, not nodding off at times, not having the headaches, and I now have much needed relief from the horrible constipation. That symptom alone makes lowering the dose worth it.

SA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I wanted to say that I very much agree with what SA said about feeling better on a lower dose. I'm writing this in hopes others will read both my and SA's expierence and give lower sub dosing a try - lower meaning 8 mg at absolute most or to start and then between 2 and 4 mg per day for maintenance. I really do feel better - not by leaps and bounds and I never felt "bad" but as SA said, Less sleep plus more energy and better Attitude. Give lower dosing a chance and you'll find you don't feel worse as you may fear - you feel the same or even better.

Also wanted to check to see if you were following up with a complaint to your state medical board for what happened to you? We tend to get really pissed when something like happened to you occurs but then as it gets resolved, time passes and we feel better, we let it go. Letting things go and not holding a grudge is generally a great way to live. However if no one complains, this doc will keep doing this to others. Please don't let what happened to you happen to someone else at the hands of this doc. I hope you've filled out a complaint form and if not, please do it this week.

Don

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Am on 10 mill every morning.
Its dealing with my Opiate cravings.
But I am drinking on top of it.
Today I was in a real bad/angry mood.
I started drinking very early to cop and calm myself down a bit.
Addictive behaviour I know.
I have no interest in coming off Sub.
Know I would be straight back on the Morphine/Codeine/Oxy/Tramadol.
Need to stop drinking now as well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:58 pm 

Hey Sub :)

As of today I am on 8mg. I was on 12. I realize that I have moved at a snails pace...well actually a crippled snail lol. I have been on sub 3 yrs and wow that was way too long to be stuck on that dose and 16 when I actually first started. I always thought why mess with a dose that works so perfectly for me. And I stuck with that thinking for yrs until a few months ago. I have started realizing from being on this forum that ppl who've been on sub yrs like me are at a way lower dose and its normal. I wasn't nearly as educated about the lower the better til I found this place. So here I am at 8 and in just a bit I will go lower and lower. I'm not going to put my brain into shock with too much change to quick, just slow and steady lol. But especially seeing how good u have done is def an inspiration. So thank u for that!!! Have a great day :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

People talk of feeling sleepy on Sub.
Am the opposite.
Since switching from Opiates to Sub I am sleeping very little.
Even taking Benzos on top makes no real difference.
I find I need some beer to get even a few hours.
Why is that.
What am I doing wrong.
My Dr said he was going to increase me slowly to find the proper dose.
I wouldnt do the weeks in the clinic they asked me to.
Something I now regret.
I went in on Mon and came out on Friday on 8 mill.
Now am up to 10 mill.
What should I be changing.
I have changed my lifestyle into being active and productive with plenty of exercise.
What am I doing wrong to be going without sleep.
Any advise would be welcome.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:12 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey SA just thought i would check in on your thread and see how things were going..so you really i mean really think that you feeling better on 4mgs a day ?? I have really been curious and paying attention to some people's doses lately and it really does seem like alot of people who are in the maintenance phase of treatment really do feel better on tge the lower doses ...I am not messing with my dose right now because i have been having hella issues and just need to have something stable in my life but i am looking forward to lowering in the next few months..I definitely know one thing im glad i have to take mine in multiple doses for pain because thats the been the biggest issue for me addiction wise is not taking 15 pills every day,so the multiple doses help me mentally..just rambling now as usual just wanted to say glad to see u hanging in there bro...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:20 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

RGB,you might wanna start a thread on your sleep issues ...Just a thought that alcohol and benzos doesn't sound like a good mix brother..very dangerous.throw in the suboxone and imo you are heading down a very dangerous road ..what type of benzos are u taking ?? Does u doc know your drinking and or taking benzos with the sub ?? Dont mean to judge or anything like that my friend just hate to see anyone die from a bad mix

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:06 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

donh wrote:
Also wanted to check to see if you were following up with a complaint to your state medical board for what happened to you? We tend to get really pissed when something like happened to you occurs but then as it gets resolved, time passes and we feel better, we let it go. Letting things go and not holding a grudge is generally a great way to live. However if no one complains, this doc will keep doing this to others. Please don't let what happened to you happen to someone else at the hands of this doc. I hope you've filled out a complaint form and if not, please do it this week.

Don

Hi Don,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have indeed filed a complaint with my State Medical Board against my former sub doctor for dropping me without any prior notice, and refusing to provide me with an exit script for any Suboxone.. I obtained help and advice from my attorney on exactly how best to write and file the paperwork. Nothing may ever come of it, but at least it gives me some closure and peace of mind. I will definitely let you and everyone know if I do hear anything.

I also agree that holding no grudge is a great way to live. I could let that situation consume my thoughts every single day, but choose to get on with my life. As it turns out that situation has actually worked to my advantage because it helped me lower my dose and stop abusing the subs. I can't hold a grudge because of that fact!

SA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:36 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Jenn,

Lol@ "crippled snail". Hahaha. I went the other way raising my dose not like a crippled snail but more like a rocket blasting off! Lol. I still can't believe how stupid I/that was. Wasted so many subs doing that. Yuk.

I think everyone should taper or lower (if they choose to) the dose at their own pace. You have to do what YOU feel is best because it's YOUR life. If you take some time and maybe go a little slower so what. I'm quite certain no one here would ever judge you for doing that. I certainly wouldn't!

Good for you to make the reduction down to 8mg. I know it's not easy and can be very scary to make a move like that. Your brain fights you. I thought there was no way I would ever feel BETTER on a lower dose than the 16+ mgs I was taking daily. But I kept remembering how I had tapered down to 2mg some time ago and felt just fine. That really stuck with me. I wasn't feeling so hot on the huge doses either. The constipation alone was a real nightmare. I feel awesome taking 4mgs daily. Never felt better! And no more constipation.

But I will say again, I feel even better on 4mgs daily than I did taking 16mg or higher amounts. That's the honest truth. And I noticed no difference between 8mgs and 16mgs or more!

Hoping for the best results in your own case Jenn. I'm here to help and answer any questions I can if needed. If lowering your dose is your decision I bet you'll discover the same thing I did.

SA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:50 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

alwaysthesame wrote:
Hey SA just thought i would check in on your thread and see how things were going..so you really i mean really think that you feeling better on 4mgs a day ??

Always,

Thanks for checking on me! I'm doing great. Really great in fact. And I don't "think" I feel better on 4mgs daily, I know I do! Theres zero doubt about it. I seem to have more energy, my thoughts seem clearer, and my sleep pattern has improved to be more regular. I was always feeling yucky on the higher doses. I get up each morning, take my 4mgs and forget about it til the following morning. It's working quite well for me and I'm very happy about that. I've come a long way from where I was a short time ago that's for sure!

Sorry to hear about the pain issues. I've heard from many that taking multiple doses helps with that problem. I'm lucky and blessed to have no real pain, but if I did i would try taking several doses daily also. All the best to you!

SA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

alwaysthesame wrote:
RGB,you might wanna start a thread on your sleep issues ...Just a thought that alcohol and benzos doesn't sound like a good mix brother..very dangerous.throw in the suboxone and imo you are heading down a very dangerous road ..what type of benzos are u taking ?? Does u doc know your drinking and or taking benzos with the sub ?? Dont mean to judge or anything like that my friend just hate to see anyone die from a bad mix

Diazepam, a cheaper form of valium they issue in Britain.
The Doctor knows I am prescribed them.
Also said I took the odd beer but didnt admit how much.
Its all still a lot less than I was taking up till this year when I decided to change my life round.
Am not completely there yet but I come a long way in a short time.
I intend to get down to just the Sub shortly.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:13 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

RGB,i just wanna clarify i wasn't trying to be judgemental at all ,we all have our things brother thats for damn sure...anytime i see alcohol and benzos mentioned it just makes me cringe cause i lost a good bro to xanex and alcohol And its great that u have begun to get everything under control..best of luck

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:26 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

SA, man thats freakin awsome that 4 is doin it for u after all the hell u went through..I hope i can get down to that dose one day ..although hope seems a little hard to come by for me lately lol...and your only taking it one time a day wow... Anyways was just curious it always makes me feel better to see someone i talk to on here doing good ..peace

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:19 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Always,

Yes, the 4mg is definitely holding me just fine. I know from previous experimenting that even 2mg would hold me too because I tried reducing in the past and 2 worked fine. But I ended up going the other way and abusing the sub.

I was splitting my 4mg dose, but decided it would be best for ME to just take it all once each day. Take it and forget it was my thought. No need for me to take 2 doses if one works. I think it's worth trying to reduce the dose to find if a lower one might work for others also. You could always go back to where you were. Just a thought.

On a side note I have an appt coming up soon with my new sub doc. Because it's a 2 hour drive one way he mentioned at my initial appt about giving me a refill on the sub to help save me a drive once in a while. That was IF I followed all rules in hs practice which I positively will do. I've never seen or read of anyone getting refills on their sub. I was wondering if that's even allowed? Has anyone here ever been provided a refill on their sub script? It would really help me if that is allowed, but thinking about it I'm not certain it would happen. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

SA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:21 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

RGB,
You're welcome to post here of course, but others may find you easier and be able to respond personally and directly if you could begin your own thread. That's what I would do anyway. All the best to you.
SA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

alwaysthesame wrote:
RGB,i just wanna clarify i wasn't trying to be judgemental at all ,we all have our things brother thats for damn sure...anytime i see alcohol and benzos mentioned it just makes me cringe cause i lost a good bro to xanex and alcohol And its great that u have begun to get everything under control..best of luck

Cheers mate.
Am taking a LOT less of everything since I started the Sub.
And no opiates at all.
Still got a way to go.
But am not living the life I used to.
Its positive steps so far so dont worry.
But thanks for your answer.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sub Addict wrote:
RGB,
You're welcome to post here of course, but others may find you easier and be able to respond personally and directly if you could begin your own thread. That's what I would do anyway. All the best to you.
SA

Fair enough.
But I am not sure what you mean.
Am I doing something wrong here.
Dont want to rock the boat.
Is it normal to ave your own thread.
I thought I was just asking general questions like everyone else.
However I will lay off.
Probably all the questions are already on the forum if I check.
Anyway
Cheers.

EDIT
I understand what you mean now.
Cheers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next